Highlights from the 20K Films December California trip:
- Saw a Christmas tree made entirely out of baked bread dough, complete with flour snow and sugary baked ornaments.
- Drove up a mountain on dirt roads while it was snowing, and drank spiced rum egg nog with an 89 year old Buddhist at his cabin.
- Attended Holiday Market Renegade Craft Fair, best craft fair I’ve been to, as evidenced by the hole in my wallet.
- Visited California Academy of Sciences, amazing Platinum LEED certified building with a natural history museum, aquarium, rainforest, and planetarium all in one!
- Made a new best friend: Gracie the cat.
- Ate the best oranges ever, picked from the backyard.
- Got stuck in San Jose three extra days – flight was cancelled due to weather and everything was booked up over Christmas weekend.
- Jill Escher, author/speaker and former sugar addict, for Sweet Nothing.
- Trina Robbins, comic artist and writer, for Original Bad Girl.
- Bob Greensfelder, friend of Nicole Hollander, for Original Bad Girl.
- Dr. Kimber Stanhope, Nutrition Science Researcher, for Sweet Nothing.
- Bert Lubin, President & CEO of Children’s Hospital Oakland, for Sick Cells.